The Society for Minerals and Trace Elements – GMS e.V. – promotes research on minerals and trace elements at the interface between:
• other related scientific disciplines
GMS offers an interdisciplinary platform for the scientific exchange of ideas between basic research, practice and application.
GMS is a member of the Federation of European Societies on Trace Elements and Minerals (FESTEM) where it represents the countries of the German-speaking area.
• To create a forum for scientific exchange between the many different disciplines researching minerals and trace elements (TE) from different angles and viewpoints.
• To perform trace element research and offer a forum to present new scientific results, initiating and promoting interdisciplinary discussions.
• To bring scientifically based new knowledge about elements and minerals to the public.
• To comply with “Good Laboratory Practice”, following the “Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Research Practice – Code of Conduct” from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
• Annual conferences for scientific exchange
• Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology (JTEMB), our peer-reviewed English-language journal (launched 1986)
• Support, publish and review books and articles to summarise and disseminate scientifically sound information
Current Board Members of the GMS
Institut des Sciences Analytiques et de Physico-Chimie pour
l’Environnement et les Matériaux (IPREM UMR 5254)
CNRS / Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
2, Avenue du Président Angot | F – 64053 Pau